drew and kate

drew and kate

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

a quick update!

St. George has stolen my heart. Despite being homesick, and all the old, annoying people here, I think we really want to stay. (I may be thinking differently this summer when it is bloody hot outside.) But for now, we are loving it. We have only met a couple of our neighbors, only because a lot of the residents here, don't live here year round.

Our ward is absolutely huge. We are liking it, but not as much as our old ward. In our old ward, everyone had little kids, and we had so many friends. Not so much in this one...people are either in their 30-40's or 80's.. so we may struggle to find some friends at church! Oh... and the Relief Society president reminds me of Kate Gosselin...

As for Steven's job hunt...GREAT NEWS! He got a job with JP Morgan Chase bank. We were so worried that he was going to get this job, and not be able to go on our cruise coming up in the next couple of weeks, but his start date at the bank is TWO days after we get home from our cruise. Phew! Steven will be working at the bank, and also at a restaurant called Anasazi Steakhouse. He is so relieved to have finally found a good job, that will give him some needed experience.

Andrew is getting so big! I cannot believe he is almost 6 months. It is absolutely insane how fast they grow up. Andrew laughs at EVERYTHING Steven does. It is so funny! I can get him to laugh, but not nearly as much as his daddy. He already loves to "rough house" with Steven, but when it comes to cuddling he needs his mommy :) Just how I like it! Andrew has also gotten so good at rolling over. He can also scoot himself, when he wants a toy, or his binki. Andrews all time favorite thing to do it to jump in his bouncy chair, while watching Nick Jr.! It is so nice, because I can get so many things done!! That may sound like bad parenting...but he LOVES it!

As for me..Im just busy being a mommy! I really do love staying home with my little guy, and taking care of him. Although while I am not too busy, I am looking in to going back to school to pursue a nursing degree. I know it is going to be hard, and probably kick my butt, but I do feel it very necessary to obtain a degree, and also to have that knowledge. So wish me luck!

Life is going great right now, and we couldn't ask for anything more.. other than to see family a bit more than we do down here... COME VISIT!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I miss you! Andrew is just a doll! Congrats to Steven on his job!!!

    ReplyDelete