drew and kate

drew and kate

Saturday, March 12, 2011

An {early} Easter Message

I know Easter is not for a few more weeks, but I came across this video, and absolutely loved it. Not only do I believe every single word our past prophet speaks of, but it brought tears to my eyes to hear Gordon B. Hinckley's voice again. He is a very missed man.

I have to admit, being a first time mom, I am SO excited to be the "Easter bunny". I know Andrew won't understand what the "Easter bunny" is for a couple of years, but I am so excited to fill his little basket full of candies and toys. Although Easter does have the BEST candy of the year, I do feel that sometimes I neglect the most important thing about Easter...that is, Christ.

Easter is a time to reflect upon the Savior, and what he did for us. He died for us, so that we can be forgiven of all our sins, and live with our Heavenly Father once again. I know, from personal experience that the Atonement is real. I know that if we obey His commandments, we will be resurrected, and have eternal life.

I hope you enjoy this message as much as I did!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I love to hear his voice again too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I also often forget why we celebrate Easter. You've inspired me to do better this year!

    ReplyDelete